Thursday, January 20, 2011
With limited time and the fact that I only have one of me and two hands I decided to change up and simplify my second grade weaving project this year.
I made a photocopy handout that had the "loom" on it for the students to cut. Then we used 5-6 1.5" colored paper strips and glue sticks to create the weaving. This size was more manageable since I travel around and have to hold on to them.
The second day when the students had finished their weaving they could turn their weaving into a character- most chose to do robots, some made some other people or aliens. They are coming out really cute actually. And to boot- my students seemed to grasp the weaving concept much stronger using the white paper and consistent size strips.
More photos of the finished products to come!!
I will most likely follow it up with the flower weaving project.