Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weaving Characters



With limited time and the fact that I only have one of me and two hands I decided to change up and simplify my second grade weaving project this year.

I made a photocopy handout that had the "loom" on it for the students to cut.  Then we used 5-6  1.5" colored paper strips and glue sticks to create the weaving.  This size was more manageable since I travel around and have to hold on to them.


The second day when the students had finished their weaving they could turn their weaving into a character- most chose to do robots, some made some other people or aliens.  They are coming out really cute actually.  And to boot- my students seemed to grasp the weaving concept much stronger using the white paper and consistent size strips.

More photos of the finished products to come!!

I will most likely follow it up with the flower weaving project.

No comments:

Post a Comment