Monday, April 21, 2014

Middle school self-portraits with style

Self-portraits!


These were done by my sixth graders. 
I wanted to squeeze in portraits but I was in a time crunch
so I went for a graphic design, limited color palette approach. 
Their practice drawings included shading but not the final products. 
I gave the students the option to do sunglasses in lieu of eyes but surprisingly only a few of them took me up on my offer. 

The backgrounds were inspired by Beatriz Milhazes. 
The kids were limited to sharpie, fat black marker, grey marker, and one color. 
After this project we dove into a unit focused on the principles of design, so this was a great segue from the last unit focused on realistic drawing into the new one. 





1 comment:

  1. How to use BETMAXEX, BONUS, and BETMAXEX online - Dr
    Learn how to use BETMAXEX, BONUS, and BETMAXEX 청주 출장마사지 online 순천 출장마사지 - Find great 당진 출장마사지 prices at 포항 출장마사지 Dr. McD's. Learn all about BetMAXEX, BONUS, and BETMAXEX in-store betting. 영천 출장안마

    ReplyDelete